The Innovator Trust together with Vodacom, established the Youth Entrepreneurship Programme (YEP) in 2017 with the aim to equip local unemployed youth with the requisite set of skills to become cutting-edge entrepreneurs. The objective of the tailor-made programme is to drive entrepreneurship and create job opportunities that could bring significant changes to the local economy. This is done by supporting young entrepreneurs in developing their business idea, business model, structuring their business plan as well as other pertinent business development areas. Graduates of the 1-year YEP programme will increase their potential to own and run their companies with confidence, realizing tangible business success.
Training support provided to beneficiaries focusing on the following development areas
- Core Skills Training – to help prepare you for the programme and a possible internship placement
- Technical Training – to help prepare you to become an entrepreneur
- Digital Training – to give you an edge in the technical world we live in
- Health & Safety Training – to equip you with the necessary skills in life
Criteria for admission
- Youth between the ages of 18 – 35
- Unemployed youth
- Youth who have passed Matric, completing Mathematics and Physical Science as subjects
Why You Should Apply
The programme aims to provide youth with insight on owning businesses, taking up employment, and pursuing further studies. It grants our youth opportunities to choices and exposure to the working environments through internships. Through YEP, entrepreneurship as a career path becomes more than just an attractive prospect, it becomes a viable one to pursue.