What is the Innovator Trust Hatch Incubation programme?
Innovator Trust is a facilitator of incubation through incubation partners. Through our Enterprise Development programme - Hatch, SMME’s are nurtured and developed through training, skills sharing and infrastructure support.
We assist in the acceleration of business through identifying opportunities of importance and offering a custom gap analysis where we can work with the SMME to maximise on potential growth areas.
We cultivate through our incubator partner programmes – where we are able to equip the small business owner with the correct tools and skills needed to work towards success.
In addition to the above, our SMME’s are allocated business mentors to offer guidance and help facilitate the creation of networks.
Who is the Innovator Trust Hatch Incubation programme for?
Hatch, our Enterprise Development programme, is designed for small, medium, and micro-sized enterprises (SMMEs), which may include start-ups, early-stage companies, or established businesses looking to expand their operations.
The programme provides training and development opportunities to help entrepreneurs or business owners build the skills needed to run their businesses effectively. The Enterprise Development programme (Hatch) is designed to provide support and resources to SMMEs, with the goal of helping them to overcome challenges, develop new skills, and grow their businesses.
How can the Innovator Trust Hatch Incubation programme benefit SMME?
The Hatch Incubation programme can provide valuable support to SMMEs, helping them to overcome challenges, develop new skills, and grow their businesses.
1. Business skills development: Through our Enterprise Development programme we offer training and development programs to help SMMEs improve their business skills. This can include training in areas such as finance and accounting, marketing, human resources, and other key business areas. By improving these skills, a SMME can run their businesses more efficiently and effectively, leading to better growth prospects and higher profitability.
2. Access to funding: Our Technical Support gives SMMEs access to funding, which can be crucial when looking to expand business operations by investing in new equipment, hire additional staff, or expand the businesses product or service offerings.
3. Networking opportunities: The Enterprise Development programme provide SMMEs with access to networking opportunities, such as our WIT and T.E.X events, conferences and bespoke workshops. This helps our SMMEs to connect with other business owners, industry experts, and potential customers, leading to new business opportunities and increased exposure.
4. Market access: Our Enterprise Development programs can help SMMEs to access new markets, both locally and internationally. This can include assistance with exporting, developing new partnerships, and accessing new distribution channels. By expanding their market reach, SMMEs can increase their customer base and grow their businesses.
Support Provided to our SMME’s in our Hatch Incubation programme include a focus on the following knowledge areas:
- Incubation (Enterprise Development),
- Technical Support and Development,
- Presenting, Media, Pitching and Workshops,
- Bespoke Workshops,
- Networking and Conferences.
Criteria for admission to the Hatch Incubation programme
- The business must be a registered company with key focus in ICT,
- Must be operational and trading for 2 or more years,
- A minimum Level 1 - 4 BBBEE status according to the DTI or ICT Codes,
- The business should be at least 51% black owned,
- Minimum turnover of R15 000 gross per month,
- A company defined in South Africa as an SMME, QSE or EME,
- Latest annual financial statements.
How to apply for the Innovator Trust Hatch Incubation programme
- Recruitment opened on Thursday, 14 June 2023 (closes on Friday, 31 May 2024)
- Click the APPLY NOW button
- You will be redirected to our Enterprise Development Portal
- Click “Register Now”
- Fill in the Registration Form